In this article, you will find several tricks to get the most leads from your web tracking.
1. Make Sure Google Analytics is connected
Google Analytics provides a lot of statistical data about website visitors. Google Analytics provides you with the geographic location of your website’s visitors. This can be interesting from many different angles. This information is found under the Audience tab, Geo and Location page. The page opens with a world map and you can then zoom into your state or regional area.
In the Behaviour tab you will be able to see under Engagement how many people visit more than one page and how deep they go into the site. This shows how captivating the site is. If a lot of people are leaving the site after reaching the home page you need to rethink how the home page engages your prospects.
All of the GA data is helpful, however, it will not give you any indication of which companies are interested in your products. All of these visitors can disappear and you are none the wiser.
To see which companies these visitors are from, Fastbase looks up the IP on their database and shows you in WebLeads. To get the full benefit of the company look-up please login to WebLeads using the button and on the next screen pick your Google Analytics account. If you will then get a request to allow Fastbase to access your Google Account, please click on “Allow”.
First time? If it is the first time you registered you should also receive a follow-up email from Google confirming that you have given Fastbase access to your Google Analytics. Please do not remove access from that email as we will again be unable to provide your leads and supporting detailed information.
2. Install the WebLeads 5.0 script on your website
In February Google removed two important dimensions from Google Analytics – network domain and service provider. These dimensions helped to filter out spam, bot traffic and unwanted internal or external IP addresses from analytics reports and made it easier to identify website visitors.
WebLeads 5.0 is Fastbase’s response to these changes. The script is needed as it enables, among other features, the ability to replace the data that Google Analytics removed. To install the script – you will either be prompted on login, or once logged-in you will see a blue button “Install WebLeads 5.0” below your username. Simply click on it and follow the instructions.
WebLeads will provide significantly more leads with this script especially combined with your Google Analytics data.
If you have any issues please email email@example.com
Once the script is installed will I see historical data for those leads?
You will see detailed data from the time you installed the script onward. There is also historical data from before February when Google Analytics still supported the domain and service provider fields.
Installing on WordPress
- Login to your site’s backend or admin
- Go to plugins > add new
- Search for headers and footers plugin and click on install now (https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/)
- Once it has installed click on activate
- Once activated, open “Headers and Footers” and put above tracking script in “Scripts in header” box. Once again click “Save” to finish it.
How do I install Script in Google Tag Manager
Using Google tag manager you can follow these steps:
- Under the work space of your Google Tag Manager go to ‘Tags’ and click on ‘New’.
- Set a name for your new ‘Tag’ and click on the ‘Tag Configuration’.
- After that select custom HTML and under custom in Choose ‘tag type’. Copy the provided Fastbase Analytics script and paste it under HTML.
- Click on the ‘Triggering’ to create a new trigger and select All Pages and click on the ‘Save’.
- Once tag is created click on the ‘Submit’.
3. Filter Your Properties
WebLeads views your Google Analytics (GA) data according to the number of properties you have.
On the top left there is a drop down which allows you to filter any individual property.
By filtering you can focus on parts of the business according to your properties in GA and then you can reach out to leads at the right time according to the business vertical.