In this article, you will find several tips to get the most leads from your web tracking.
1. Make Sure Google Analytics is connected
Google Analytics provides a lot of statistical data about your website visitors. To see which companies are visiting the website, Fastbase looks up the visitor IP in our world class database of 190M companies and shows you the match in WebLeads.
To get the full benefit of the company look-up please log in to WebLeads using your Google Analytics account – make sure its using a Universal Analytics property.
You will then get a request to allow Fastbase to access your Google Account, please click on “Allow”.
- If you don’t see any website or web leads in WebLeads, then your Google Analytics account is most probably a GA4 account.
You need to set up a Universal Analytics property and update Profiles in Fastbase WebLeads settings.
Here is how to set up Universal Analytics for a website
- If your Google Login is not connected to Google Analytics, you need your webmaster to share access.
Here is how to add Google Analytics access to a Google Login
First time? If it is the first time you registered you should also receive a follow-up email from Google confirming that you have given Fastbase access to your Google Analytics. Please do not use the ‘remove access’ option in that email as we will again be unable to provide your leads and supporting detailed information.
2. Install the WebLeads script on your website
The script is needed as it enables, among other features, the ability to enrich your Google Analytics data. To install the script – you will either be prompted on login, or once logged-in you will see a blue button “Install WebLeads” below your username. Simply click on it and follow the instructions.
WebLeads will provide significantly more leads with this script especially combined with your Google Analytics data.
Installing on WordPress
- Login to your site’s backend or admin.
- Go to plugins > add new.
- Search for headers and footers plugin and click on install now (https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/).
- Once it has installed click on activate.
- Once activated, open “Headers and Footers” and put above tracking script in “Scripts in header” box. Once again click “Save” to finish it.
How do I install Script in Google Tag Manager
Using Google tag manager you can follow these steps:
- Under the work space of your Google Tag Manager go to ‘Tags’ and click on ‘New’.
- Set a name for your new ‘Tag’ and click on the ‘Tag Configuration’.
- After that select custom HTML and under custom in Choose ‘tag type’. Copy the provided Fastbase Analytics script and paste it under HTML.
- Click on the ‘Triggering’ to create a new trigger and select All Pages and click on the ‘Save’.
- Once tag is created click on the ‘Submit’.
3. Filter Your Properties
WebLeads views your Google Analytics (GA) data according to the number of properties you have.
On the top left there is a drop down which allows you to filter any individual property.
By filtering you can focus on parts of the business according to your properties in GA and then you can reach out to leads at the right time according to the business vertical.
Once the script is installed will I see historical data for those leads?
You will see detailed data from the time you installed the script onward. There is also historical data from before February when Google Analytics still supported the domain and service provider fields.
I don’t want to share my Google Analytics Data.
Then you should opt for our LeadScoring tool instead. You only need to add a tracking code on the website – it will not connect to Google analytics.