If you have Mailchimp or Campaign monitor follow the setup steps in LeadScoring and do not read any further.
For people without those applications here is a way to connect your CRM or marketing campaign tools directly to LeadScoring and give you the power to:
- Capture lead information from your website (like a form filled in, etc.) and pass the information to LeadSoring which will create a lead for you
- Update leads in LeadScoring after important conversions (like conversion to customer)
- Enrich the lead profile in LeadScoring with user data input on the website – eg based on what they searched for (products, locations, services, etc.)
- Supplement leads with transaction data such as purchase date, purchase price, products – this can be used effectively to target leads.
- Update / create Lead information from events on your website
- Add custom data fields to leads
- Change Stage on Leads
- Add the Lead to Segments
- Assign an Owner to Leads
1. Make sure the integration option is activated
Activated under site setup: (Advanced settings)
2A. Integrate using Zapier
With the LeadScoreApp-Zapier app you can easily integrate hundreds of services with LeadScoring. Note: this is the Zapier app to integrate with LeadScoring – for continuity we are still using the pre-Fastbase-acquisition name i.e. ‘LeadScorreApp’.
Click here to access the LeadScoreApps Zapier App
2C. Server-side API
If you want a more secure solution, you can use our server-side API and get access to retrieve, create and save data in LeadScoring.
* Note: this is legacy documentation for integration purposes, where you read ‘LeadScore App’ you can substitute ‘LeadScoring’.
3. Set the tracking Cookie
Remember to set a tracking cookie when you use our integrations. Once you have created a lead, you must set a tracking cookie so that LeadScoring can continue to track the lead. Your API call will return a #lead-key#. It is this value that must be stored in the cookie. You can do this in 2 ways.
3A. Set a parameter in the URL.
Then our script automatically saves a cookie.
You just need to add? __ lsk: # leadkey #
For example: https://mydomain.com/?__lsk=d0cf3e610f632da48ee462781ae6a751
3B. Set yourself a cookie.
Value: _ # lead-key #
Expires: After 1 year
Example of cookie:
4. Tracking email campaigns
For lead tracking to work on the website, we need to use Lead_key to identify the visitor. Therefore, all contacts must first be created in LeadScoring.
4A. Synchronizing contacts
When you create a lead via SDK or API, you get a Lead_key reur, which you store together with the contact information in your marketing tool.
4B. Add tracking in links
Activate the tracking on the emails you send out. Here, lead_key must be merged so that it is unique for each receiver. Most marketing systems allow you to personalize by the contact data you have from the receiver.
You do this by adding Lead_key on all links in the email. This is done by adding this snippet of code to all links.
Then added: ? __ lsk = # lead-key #
Result: www.mydomain.com?__lsk= # lead-key #
Example of finished URL: https://mydomain.com/?__lsk=d0cf3e610f632da48ee462781ae6a751 (Unique for every recipients)
Remember to validate that you get the correct cookie set for tracking.
Take a test and check that the data in LeadScoring and in cookie matches.