Your website visitors leave digital footprints when they interact with your website. Footprints that reveal something about the individual visitors’ interests in your company and products. This means that with every click your website visitors make on your website, they tell you where their greatest buying motivation lies and it can help you communicate to the right recipients with targeted messages at just the right time in their customer journey.
But most newsletter systems like Mailchimp do not show you website interaction, that’s why you need Fastbase LeadScoring.
What you will get with LeadScoring for Mailchimp
1: Full intel on your subscribers
Not only what they have clicked on in the newsletter, with all page views on the website, but also when they visit the website again, for example after 14 days. Tracking follows them for up to 1 year and is renewed with each visit to the website.
2: Identifying sales qualified leads
For example, allocate 10 points for looking at the page “Book a meeting”, 5 points for reading about products or 3 points for reading a blog post. Now, you can get a prioritized list of leads and turn them into new customers.
3: Get notification when to take action on leads
Once a lead has scored 50 points, they are ready to be contacted by a salesperson. The lead has shown a clear interest in you and your products/services. You get a full overview of all page views a lead has had on the website so that you can see exactly what they are interested in.
Note that our leads are more than just the company name. The leads you see in LeadScoring are actually people – with their contact details. We get contact information when that person subscribes to the newsletter or orders a catalogue or e-book – in fact any form that you have on your website.
How to setup
1: Get a Mailchimp API Key
- Click on your account name at the bottom left of the main menu.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Extras menu.
- Choose API keys from the drop-down menu.
Follow this guide: https://mailchimp.com/help/about-api-keys/
2: Setup Synchronisation in LeadScoring
- Click on “Add Mailchimp Sync” button on the welcome page in LeadScoring.
- Paste the Api Key and follow the 3 step setup.
- Run a full sync and please allow a few hours to complete.
Follow setup here. https://leadscore.fastbase.com/lead_score/mailchimp
3: Add tracking to Mailchimp campaigns
You should activate e-commerce link tracking on every email campaign under “Settings & Tracking”.
- Does not work with test campaigns
- It must be a real campaign. You can possibly create a segment on the list that you use for testing.
- So, make a real broadcast to just a few recipients.
- The list must first be synchronized
- You must first run a full synchronization with your Mailchimp list for it to work.
- You can only synch with a list
- Consider whether you can settle for one list in Mailchimp, and then divide the list into sub groups
- This is usually the right solution – otherwise, you can order more accounts.
- Do not change synchronization between lists
- Be very careful when changing lists – it will add all leads to the new list.
How synchronization with Mailchimp works
On each lead, we specify whether to synch to MailChimp. (It will enable synchronization).
You can enable / remove this on each lead when correcting master information.
The synchronization with Mailchimp works in 2 ways:
- It creates leads in Mailchimp, then they are also created in Leadscoring.
- If you create leads in LeadScoring, they are also created in Mailchimp